Improve your clinic’s management of patients by tenfold compared to traditional therapies, and increase capacity without compromising on outcomes.
Source: Barts Health, 2021
In the UK there are more than two million patients with Long Covid and over 100 million worldwide. Research has shown that many patients have: not recovered after 7 months, not returned to their previous productivity levels, and continued to experience symptoms.
Living With Covid Recovery provides sector-leading support to Long Covid patients, and enables clinics to increase the number of patients getting high-quality treatment, simultaneously and remotely, across all aspects of the condition. It is designed to be:
- Adaptable to your clinical pathway
- Flexible to meet the needs of different clinic setups and resources
The patient app
Among other things, the patient app is used by the patient to follow prescribed treatments, set goals, understand their condition and measure their progress. Features include:
- Questionnaires to assess and monitor their recovery.
- Diaries to track symptoms, energy levels and medications.
- Programmes to guide their recovery.
- A weight tracker to monitor their recovery.
- A messaging service to send queries or concerns to their clinician.
- A library of resources offering advice and support.
- Library reading recommendations from their clinician.
- Goal setting and push notifications to aid self-management.
The clinician dashboard
The clinician can use their dashboard to assess, monitor and track a patient’s symptoms and progress. The clinician can also adapt the care of each patient when needed and optimise their interventions. For instance, they can:
- Set exercises and tasks for the patient to complete.
- Monitor a patient’s recovery through reading their diary and recorded symptoms.
- Message the patient with advice, instructions, updates and key information.
- Recommend library articles to patients.
The carer web app
The carer web app enables family and friends to help support patients remotely. They can:
- See if the patient has forgotten to do a task.
- See when the patient’s next appointment is.
- Remind the patient to do exercises and tasks prescribed by their clinician.
- Message the clinician.
The 3rd party dashboard
The 3rd party dashboard allows the management of multiple clinics and access to aggregated and anonymised data. This is:
- To ensure patients’ are optimising their usage of the app.
- To enable clinics and clinicians to see where their patients’ most pressing needs lie.
Living With offers 3 different and complementary Long Covid rehabilitation products which are housed in the same app. They can be used individually or in combination depending on the patient’s needs.
A full range of outcome measures for assessing/triaging a patient before “treatment”.
Enables clinics to provide higher-risk patients with personalised treatment programmes.
A reduced product without messaging and designed for lower-risk patients.
Results and Feedback
A significant number of patients continue to have a high-symptom burden for many months after their acute COVID-19. This product is providing a more efficient way for clinicians to manage patients remotely and asynchronously. It is allowing successful triage according to symptoms and identification of patients who need more specialist support.
Service evaluations and feedback reveal that clinicians most value:
- The efficiency of the platform and how it enables good quality care.
- The reduction to 2 or 3 minutes per patient, per week.
- How the patient app promotes MDT learning.
- The ability to take a proactive approach to spot imminent “crashes” and intervene early.