Improve patient experience, treatment and outcomes, while also reducing administrative inefficiencies for CNS and clinical teams.
In 2020 there were estimated to be over 18.1 million cancer cases worldwide. While in the UK, a person is diagnosed with cancer every 90 seconds.
Living With’s cancer products enable patients to have a better understanding of their individual pathway, and feel better equipped to manage their journey through having an accurate and tailored source of information. What’s more, direct messaging improves communication between a patient and their care team.
CNS, nurses and GPs (and other members of the patient’s care team) also have the ability to monitor symptoms, outcomes, and PSA assessments remotely, and so proactively manage patients.
General features of all the products include:
- patient & clinician enrolment
- file attachments
- goal tracking
- symptom tracking
- medication tracking
Despite improving outcomes for patients with prostate cancer, confusion amongst patients and unmet needs are prominent. Clinical nurse specialists, who are in short supply, have an increased workload trying to organise cancer care across different hospitals, leaving less time to fulfil their role in supporting patients’ complex somatic, emotional, informational and social needs. This leads to diminished job satisfaction and reduced system (cost) effectiveness.
Living With Prostate Cancer enables patients to better understand their individual pathway and feel better equipped to manage their journey, with support from both clinicians and patients with “lived experience”. CNS, urologists, urology nurses and GPs have the ability to remotely assess patients and manage their needs.
- monitor and support prostate cancer patients after diagnosis and during treatment
- support “watchful waiting”.
- increase patient engagement with their treatment and motivation to follow clinician directed plans
- increase patient understanding
- increase patient adherence to pelvic floor muscle exercise and relaxation programmes
- improve patient outcomes
- support clinicians in providing sexual health information
There are 46,388 new lung cancer cases each year. Surgery provides the best cure rate for lung cancer, however, ~50% of eligible patients cannot receive surgery due to poor cardiorespiratory fitness.
Living With Lung Cancer can increase the number of patients with lung cancer who can receive the right pre-hab treatment to get them fit for surgery and so increase survival rates and reduce bed days.
- improve patient fitness
- increase levels of surgery
- reduce bed days
- manage the patient’s care more efficiently,providing them quick and easily with personalised exercise plans as they follow the pathway
Living With Oesophageal cancer provides patients with one accurate and tailored source of information, which they can access at any time. It improves communication with their complete care team, (Nurse, dietician, physiotherapist, Psychologist) and enables them to contribute more to their own care decisions.
For clinicians it facilitates better monitoring of patients across hospital trusts.
- improve patient understanding and engagement
- improve quality of care
- reduces DNAs
- manage the patient’s care more efficiently, providing them quick and easily with personalised information as they follow the pathway
A SAGE journal article outlines Living With’s oesophageal cancer product.
For results on the efficacy of Living With’s cancer products head to the Evidence page.