Avoid patients reaching crisis point, support a reduction in hospital admission, and see significant improvement in clinical outcomes by using Living With Constipation.
Constipation is a common condition, affecting almost everyone at some point. It can become a persistent problem, causing significant distress and discomfort for individuals. It can have a serious impact on frail, elderly people; in 2014/2015, 66,287 people in the UK were admitted to hospital with constipation as the main condition, this is equivalent to 182 people a day.
Living With Constipation (LWC) enables clinicians to distribute a free LWC app to their patients, and monitor their patients’ progress remotely at any time. Pelvic floor downtraining is valuable to this patient group and will support the other features of the product.
- patient and clinician enrolment
- file attachments
- goal tracking
- medication tracking
- general outcomes: Bothersome (Quality of Life)
- condition-specific outcome measures: ICIQ-B and PAC-SYM
- bowel and transanal irrigation diaries
- library of clinically-validated articles
- exercise plan (via Squeezy)
- increase patient adherence to pelvic floor muscle exercise and relaxation programmes
- increase patient engagement with their treatment
- increase patient motivation to complete exercises, bowel diaries and follow clinician directed plans
- improve patient outcomes
- reduce cost of service for all clinic models including reduction in: DNAs, non-compliant appointments, F2F appointments (converted to telephone), overall appointments and surgery
For results on the efficacy of Living With’s bladder and bowel products head to the Bladder and Bowel Case Studies page.